Friday 21 September 2012

A new adventure ......

I thought I would just share with you the dawning of a new adventure.......

Over the last year I have been supplying a lovely young designer with hand dyed wool for her degree work.  Well she has now graduated from Norwich University College Of The Arts with a 1st class honours classification in Textiles, and has agreed to help me create some designs and garments especially for Gedgrave Wensleydale Wool.  Her name is Emily-Rose Debenham - here is some of her work http://emily-rose-debenham.blogspot.co.uk/

This will be a new journey for us both, as she is currently establishing herself as a freelance designer in Suffolk and I am wanting to take my wool forward - exciting times!


We are concentrating on my lovely handspun chunky yarn, handspun especially for me from my own fleece, by another true artist from the Western Isles, my friend Sheila Roderick - check out her Scalpay Linen blog http://scalpaylinen.blogspot.co.uk/






We have chosen some gorgeous colours Wild Raspberry, Dusk, Azalea and Kingfisher, plus the natural cream and black of course!

The first design is underway - you will be able to purchase the finished garment plus buy it also in kit form for you to knit yourself!  Kits will come complete with needles, yarn and any other accessories required for the finished look.

Watch this space for a sneak preview shortly ..............

T x



No comments:

Post a Comment