Friday 25 June 2010

Bees and More Show News!

Well, we started the week with another swarm of bees in the fruit trees - alas the other one left again - but I was determined to try and keep this one. It was a smaller swarm but precious all the same, so armed with a photographer this time to capture the moment, I set off with my skep to retrieve them - and as I write this they are still with me so we hope for the best!




After a busy start to the beginning of last week, we packed up again and set off for the East of England show, which has been our best show this year for results - not I have to say for weather though! It was absolutely freezing! Despite there being three of us crammed in the tent, we had to wear several layers and my sister Em had to purchase a blanket - all wool of course! Still a good time was had by all and I achieved 4 1st placings, Reserve Male Champion, Female champion and Reserve Longwool Champion. My friend Ali won the Wool on Hoof and Champion Wool on Hoof which was excellent. Photos to follow .......

Having got back last Sunday, this week has also been non-stop with worming, craft fairs and tonight - oh joy - ragwort pulling! What an incredibly interesting life I lead! But someone has to do it! Hope hay making will start next week - we have no grass again so will have to start feeding hay soon if it doesn't rain.

I am at the Country Market in Orford tomorrow morning so do come and see us if you get the chance - there will be the usual goodies on sale and then we start washing ready for the Royal Norfolk Show on Wednesday next week - hope the weather stays like this and then the tent won't seem so bad!

Will post some photos when I have them - wish me luck in the meantime!


No comments:

Post a Comment